You are not connected to the Luther Seminary Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Off-site access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Elie Wiesel|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Elie Wiesel; Marion Wiesel
|ISBN:||9780809073566 0809073560 9780809073559 0809073552 0374500010 9780374500016 0374399972 9780374399979 9780329550240 0329550241 1435255739 9781435255739 9780756963804 075696380X|
|Notes:||Luther Seminary Library notes:
Originally published as Un di ṿelṭ hoṭ geshṿign.
|Description:||xxi, 120 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||Preface to the New Translation by Elie Wiesel --
Foreword by François Mauriac --
The Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech Delivered by Elie Wiesel in Oslo (Norway) on December 10, 1986.
|Other Titles:||Un di ṿelṭ hoṭ geshṿign.|
|Responsibility:||Elie Wiesel ; translated from the French by Marion Wiesel.|
|Local System Bib Number:||
Born in the town of Sighet, Transylvania, Elie Wiesel was a teenager when he and his family were taken from their home in 1944 to the Auschwitz concentration camp, and then to Buchenwald. [This book] is the terrifying record of Elie Wiesel's memories of the death of his family, the death of his own innocence, and his despair as a deeply observant Jew confronting the absolute evil of man.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Wiesel, Elie, -- 1928-
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Jewish.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives.
- Wiesel, Elie, -- 1928- -- Childhood and youth.
- Jews -- Romania -- Sighet -- Biography.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Romania -- Sighet -- Personal narratives.
- Sighet (Romania) -- Biography.
- Holocaust -- Biography.
User lists with this item (29)
- Things to Check Out(3 items)
by rjelstro updated about 2 days ago
- LIBRARY, HARDCOVER Non Fiction(434 items)
by CYNTHIANIELSEN updated about a month ago
- Books I've Read Recently(10 items)
by dmajor2007 updated 2015-06-24
- Kindle books(42 items)
by LyndonStateCollege updated 2015-06-15
- Things to Check Out(31 items)
by Huabtais updated 2015-01-28